O P E N C A L L
D-LIGHT studios RESIDENCY PROGRAM
FOR ALL ARTISTS/CREATIVES
Are you an artist/creative (individual/collective/start up)?
Would you like to have the space to create and develop your work as part of a creative community?
D-Light studios is accepting applications for our new D-Light Studios Residency Program, read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Over the years we have supported various projects and ideas, these collaborations have been some of our most treasured times at D-Light Studios. D-Light would not be what it is today without the endless support from our friends and family and we want to share what they helped us build.
At D-Light Studios we believe that art and culture are crucial in the building of a meaningful, inspired and progressive society. With creativity comes impact, with impact, influence and with influence we have a positive effect not only on the landscape of our immediate society, but on the improvement of our world and environment. Artistic exploration is not a luxury, it's necessary and critical alongside the leaps and bounds we are making scientifically and technologically.
"When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come close to the conclusion that the gift of imagination has meant more to me than any talent for absorbing absolute knowledge." Albert Einstein.
D-Light Studios will support this exploration by sponsoring a creative Individual/individuals with what we have to offer: a studio space in our beautiful woolen mill within the growing creative community of D-Light Studios.
D-LIGHT STUDIOS RESIDENCY PROGRAM
This exciting new program awards one creative individual/collective/start-up a free project studio for 6 months. The awardee(s) will have 24hr access to their studio along with scheduled use of Studio A and B, dark room/wet room access, free WiFi, kitchenette facilities, free parking and free access to all D-Light Studios calendar of events.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- Artists of any form: painters, sculptors, musicians, inventors, designers, illustrators, anything creative!
- Videographers / Photographers
- Creative Start Ups / Entrepreneurs
- Collectives / Organisations
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out the application form attached and hit send.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
- 6 months studio residency at D-Light Studios
- 24 Hour access to the studio
- Free Parking
- Wet Room / Potential Dark Room access
- Features on our website / social media platforms / newsletters
- Collaboration opportunities
- Free access to all D-Light Studios events
- Access to the main studio space (D-Light Studios A & B)
deadline for submissions extended
to FRIDAY 14TH JUly
Almost 9 years ago architect/photographer Agata Stoinska found D-Light Studios in one of the most treasured parts of the city, The Five Lamps. On the opening night, Creative Director, Stace Gill, performed to the packed warehouse. Stace was instantly hooked on the venue and the bold vision Agata delivered, the two joined forces and built a strong, dedicated team, including Block T's co-founder Joe Salam, and our new manager Aisling Reddin. As artists and entrepreneurs we understand the importance of support in many forms, from financial to moral, freedom and space to create. We look forward to hearing all about your projects, please follow the instructions below.
Agata, Stace, Joe & Aisling
- Regular updates about your progress and your work that we will share on our social media platforms and monthly newsletter content
- 1 workshop to be held for the local community, PLEASE GIVE DETAILS IN APPLICATION BELOW
- Please include any relevant links to your work in the project proposal below.
- All offers and terms of the residency are subject to change