D-Light Studios Residency Program 2018
We are excited to announce that the recipient of the D-Light Studios Residency 2018 in Partnership with The North East Inner City Initiative is Jane Fogarty.
Jane Fogarty is an artist living and working in Dublin, Ireland, interested in the various ways in which we interpret and understand the passing of time and how this translates into visual language.
Her work has featured in both national and international exhibitions, including a two person exhibition, Mystery Ewer, at Artbox (2016) and three solo exhibitions; Paperwork, a site-specific installation in Harold’s Cross (2016), Mel at Eight Gallery (2014), and |’painti NG | at the Talbot Gallery (2011) as a result of receiving the Most Promising Graduate Award in 2010. Selected group exhibitions include: A ̄ ̄A A ̄ ̄A A ̄ ̄A at 126 Galway (2015); Spirit of the Stairs at Basic Space (2014); Unearth at Roscommon Arts Centre (2013); Nailing Jelly to the Wall at Catalyst Arts (2012) and ELIA’s NEU/NOW Live in Nantes, France (2010). Her work was recently added to the State Art Collection (OPW). Fogarty has also received several awards from the Arts Council, the RDS and South Dublin County Council. http://www.janefogarty.com/
A massive thank you to all who applied and a special thanks to The North East Inner City - Dublin for their support with this program.
The D-Light Studios Residency Program 2018 in partnership with the North East Inner City Initiative is an exciting opportunity for one creative individual or collective to receive a free six-month project studio and the opportunity to connect with the North East Inner City community by facilitating an engaging workshop based on their creative practice.
The successful applicant will receive:
- Free six month private project studio - 24hr access
- Scheduled free use of Studio A & B if required
- Financial support for materials or equipment up to the value of €1,200
- Introduction to local groups to initiate community workshop development
- A feature on D-Light Studios website
- Regular Social Media Promotion of project development
- Free entry to D-Light Studios events
Who can apply?
The purpose of this Residency Award is to facilitate the development and production of a creative enterprise whilst fostering constructive engagement with the North East Inner City Community.
This opportunity is open to any creative practitioner or collective that is looking to develop new work and is excited about the prospect of facilitating a creative and engaging workshop.
We ask that applicants consider if the completion of their proposed project is feasible within the six month time-frame and that applicants submit a proposed project timeline, including details of their suggested workshop.
The residency studio itself, is a large private space located upstairs in Studio B here in D-Light Studios. The studio has free WiFi and access to a separate room which could be used as a potential Dark Room or Wet Room. The recipient will also have use of the communal kitchen area and free on street parking.
Since launching our first residency opportunity in 2017, we have further developed the program and are delighted to present this years Residency Program in partnership with the North East Inner City Initiative. This exciting partnership means that we can further support the development of a creative project by offering financial support for materials or equipment up to the value of €1,200 in addition to mentoring. The D-Light Studios team will be available for regular support and meetings if required.
- This six-month residency opportunity will begin on the 1st of June 2018 and conclude on the 30th of November 2018
- Applications will close at midnight on Monday 7th May 2018
- Applicants must be available for shortlist interviews between the 14th - 18th May 2018
Terms and Conditions:
- Proposed project must be feasible to achieve within the six month time-frame
- Recipients must be available for six months from June - November 2018
- One creative workshop must be planned and organised by the Residency recipient
- The recipient must agree to to post regular updates about their project development which we will share across all of D-Light Studios social media platforms
- This opportunity does not provide accommodation
- All offers and terms of the residency are subject to change
D-Light Studios Residency Program 2017 Recipients
Bombinate Theatre is an award-winning collective of emerging theatre makers, creating work for families and young audiences.
'Bombinate' means to make a humming or a buzzing noise. We encourage children to make noise, to ask big questions and to stay on their own buzz. We endeavour to inspire children to get creative and to engage with the arts in all its forms.