To build an economically resilient, environmentally friendly and sustainable space that supports artists, creative professionals and the local community.
To empower creativity in everyone through social business innovation, collaboration and education.
To inspire positive change and work towards the regeneration of Dublin’s North Inner City.
Located in the heart of North Inner City Dublin and built 150 years ago, the building originally functioned as a wool merchants and tenement, some years later it was used as a stables and mail cart contractors, then in the late 1900’s it became a mechanics garage (hence the car ramp into Studio A!).
In the early 200’s, the building was due to be demolished and apartments were to be built in its place, due to the recession these plans did not come to fruition.
Over the years no restorations were made to protect the structure, roof or elevations. In 2008 Agata Stoinska discovered the building, it was refurbished, re-purposed and D-Light Studios was born. The initial refurbishing works were possible thanks to a Dublin City Enterprise Board grant.
Since then the studio has been re-fitted further to increase comfort of work and to create more hire spaces and on an ongoing basis all revenue from studio hire is reinvested into the building to continue to develop and improve facilities.